Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Seeking Names ........


Dia Duit, I was wondering if you could kindly help me with the naming of the Wooden Penny Dolls....as they were hand carved, in the late 1880's,, I thought names of that era would be appropriate... The smaller doll in the navy dress print, I thought maybe Hattie.....the larger doll in the black floral dress coat and silk bonnet....Rose...I would love your help to find their names......many minds are better than one....
Thankyou to Katherine, who in the dreadful heat, last week, helped me source the dolls patterns... SlaƱ, O'faigh

4 comments:

marina said...

they look lovely in their dresses, good luck with naming your little girls..

KaHolly said...

Some of the names I can think of are Nettie, Eliza, Hope, Charity,
Patience, and Abigail. I like Hattie, too!! Your dolls are adorable!

katherine said...

YOu're most welcome Ofaigh. I am glad that they have been of use to you. On a name I love Hetti and Rose.

Merilyn said...

These are gorgeous little dolls!!! What about Emily, Charlotte, Ruth, Luella, Violet, Cara, they all sound pretty and old, just a few suggestions!!!! Good luck with your naming, I'm sure you will choose just the right ones!!!!!