About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Saturday, 1 March 2014

A Find - Vintage Sewing Bits and Bobs


Dia Duit, in yesterday's parcel post, the vintage sewing caddy with some vintage bits and pieces arrived. While we were on our trip last October, I found an original vintage feed sack apron, in an Antique Store,in Paducah .The colourway is white/blue/red. I have a yen to make a collection of red vintage sewing items. I am really happy with the condition of the caddy and bits and bobs.

On Thursday, I went to a Machine Quilting Class, at the lps. Working with the walking foot is easy peasy. I was feeling a little daunted with the Darning Foot on, for free motion quilting. I am stoked, after some practice, I gained a lot of confidence. When we were in Houston, John Flynn was there, demonstrating his Quilting Frame, I wish now, I had the time to stop and talk to him.

Next Step, for me, is to set the frame up, and start quilting my smaller quilts. I left my sewing machine, for it to be serviced, and missing my machine, feel as though part of me is missing.....grin.....cannot wait until I have it home again.

Sl~an, O'faigh

1 comment:

Vickie said...

lovley....pleased to read you like the walking foot..dang about the machine being away it really does leave one with a felling of lost,cheers Vickie