Sunday, 2 February 2014

Another Memory....My Love of the Rich Colours, Midnight Navy, Burgundy and Cream



Dia Duit, pictured above is My Philly Quilt, the second quilt I have made from our USA trip. The day we went to the Coverlet Museum, in Bedford, we visited Mary Koval's Patchwork Shop. When I first entered the shop, I noticed a quilt sample. A Kit was available, but, we were lucky to be in the States, I was budget concious. Mary, very kindly let me take a photograph of her quilt and help me select the fabrics. The blue stripe was a fat quarter given to me as a gift. The Hexagon flowers, came in kits.(Mary had designed the fabrics).Just loved the richness of colour and the old wordly panel of Philly.
SlaƱ, O'faigh

3 comments:

Bev C said...

As. Great way to remember your time overseas. Loce the centre panel.
Happy days
Bev

Merilyn said...

It is a gorgeous panel, your quilt has turned out beautifully, well done!!!!!

Cheryll said...

It's gorgeous... and another great memory!