Thursday, 13 February 2014

Going Banana's

Dia Duit, over the past two weeks, I have been working on a baby's quilt. The size is for the cot and when it is time for baby to go into a bed, the cot will make into a child size bed.
Loved working with the bright colours, and who would not loved these cheeky monkey's.
Late yesterday, I put the sashing and borders on, cut the myriad of threads from the back.
Not sure if it is just me, but finding how easily the edges fray on today's fabrics.
The pattern was designed by Natalie Ross.
Sl~an, O'faigh

7 comments:

marina said...

love your hanging monkeys they are so cute.
Love the quilt!
I think some fabrics do tend to fray a bit, shame really.

Merilyn said...

What a great job you did on the baby quilt!!! Those monkeys are a great feature, very cute!!!! I also love your new 'header' photo, because I instantly recognised the shelf bracket!!!! Presumably there are two of them, I have just had my old overhead toilet cistern removed and I have those extact same brackets. (I had a new toilet put in last week) I have left them in place because I plan on putting a shelf up, and there you already have one, what a coincidence!!!! Mine are painted a heritage green colour which matches the tiles on the floor. It was an old Metters cistern with a pulley chain. Very old, the cast-iron cistern was getting a bit ugly, although it never leaked.... now I have a 'normal' vintage style toilet, no more pulley chains, although I did grow up with one when I was a kid. Hope all is well with you......

barb's creations said...

Love it, so bright and cheery it's sure to bring a smile to the new mums face :) Barb.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your quilt is gorgeous, love the monkeys!!

Bev C said...

Hello,

I sent this pattern to my sister to make a few years ago. Your sturned out beautifully. The bub will love it.

Happy days.
Bev.

katherine said...

Cute monkey's

Jo said...

What a beautiful kids quilt.
Well done