About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Saturday, 22 February 2014

Simply Red - Millrosie Gathering

Dia Duit, the theme for our Millrosie Gathering, was to make something Red. After Christmas, I went shopping with little sister. In one of the shop,s I discovered a Red/White Polka Dot All in One Cup and Teapot, on the label was a little bird with the Brown/Red/Blue colourings.
Grin....from one little teapot, my something Red, grew and grew into what is pictured above. A lovely basket, to carry everything in, lined with of course a red striped tea towel. A Red place mat with the appliqu├ęd bird, tea cosy, sewing box with a project inside and in the red polka dot bag, A Quilters must have supply for a day of sewing.I hope whoever receives the gift, loves it as much as I did in creating it.
It was an early start, for the Millrosie Gathering, it was great fun to catch up with everyone. Thoroughly enjoyed the gift swapping. I was the lucky recipient of the the above table runner made by Christine from MacDonald's patch. Thank you Christine for my gorgeous gift.
Sl~an, O'faigh

8 comments:

shez said...

oh my it was a wonderful gift my friend and i know Rosalie was over the moon to receive this,you made her very happy,well done,love how you created a story around the teapot,amazing.xx

retdairyqueen said...

Love red LOve your red parcel You girls always seem to have so much fun at these get togethers xx

KaHolly said...

You certainly have the knack for making special gifts!! I refer to my sister "little sister", too!

Merilyn said...

Some lovely work there!! Sounds like you had a lovely day with the girls, the swaps sound like great fun!!!!!

Christine M said...

You put together a gorgeous red swap parcel O'faigh. I'm sure Rosalie went to bed with that grin still on her face!

Charlie and Wendy said...

What a lovely idea for a gift, it all looks beautiful!

katherine said...

Beautiful! Love the gifts given and received.

Sue said...

I have that pattern for the whotnot, if you send me your email address I can send it to you