About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

A Touch of Autumn


Dia Duit, a touch of Autumn has come to our house this week. Today, such a beautiful Autumn Day.
From our trip to the States, my memory lingers on the beautiful Fall toning s, that I saw. Greens, Rusts, Oranges, Yellows and Browns....
On my travels, I found Raggedy Andy and Annie, because of the colourings, they were placed in an obscure place in the living room, out they have come into the light of our Entranceway. The Green Wreath I made, when I came home from our USA trip. I fell in love with the colouring of the panel black/rust/oranges. The Cornucopia Wall Hanging, I purchased at the Central Market in Lancaster.
On the other wall, are my Colonial Bonnets, last October, when I went to Quilters Camp, we stopped at a Craft shop, and I found the Canvas Painted Wall Hanging at a bargain price. It was a little shop soiled, but I soon fixed it up.

Hard to believe, on Friday I will be having a "O" Birthday. Will post over the weekend, what my DD and DH have been up to?

I am so blessed, to have loving, caring and supportive friends, through blogging, my workplace, my quilting buddies and last but not least my parents, brothers, sister, and my beloved husband and daughter.

Sla~n, O'faigh

14 comments:

Christine M said...

We went to the States in the Fall too and yes, it was beautiful. All those gorgeous colours. Have a lovely day on Friday. Happy birthday for then. xx

retdairyqueen said...

Hope all is good with you xx

Cheryl said...

Love your gorgeous autumn finds O'faigh and brings back happy memories from your trip

KaHolly said...

It's so funny to read about how you are embracing the arrival of autumn while we are very patiently (and some, not so patiently) awaiting spring!!

barb's creations said...

Love your fall photo's :) Barb.

Merilyn said...

Wonderful Autumn decorations, I think it's such a nice touch to display seasonal themes! We work so hard on our projects it's good to be able to show them off!!!! The big "0" birthday.......oh my! I hope you have a wonderful day.....
We finally have some decent rain this morning, Autumn is definitely trying to visit and kick that old summer along.....take care......

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wishing you a very Happy birthday for Friday hugs xx

KERYN B said...

Hope you have a wonderful Happy Birthday!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful day

barb's creations said...

Happy Birthday O'faigh, hope you're surrounded by family and friends today ((((HUGS)))) :) Barb.

Carol said...

Happy Birthday hope you have a great day. xoxo

katherine said...

Gorgeous! Hope you have a wonderful birthday Ofaigh with your family.

Allie said...

It's still Friday here in the states - HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYN!!!!!! I hope it was a most wonderful day for you sweetie, I love all your autumn decorating although I'm STILL waiting for spring to start....

Cheryll said...

Your home looks so warm and inviting... although up here Autumn hasn't hit yet :)