About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

A Little bit of this and that


Dia Duit, to my blogging buddies my apologies, for not responding to your recent comments.Life is topsy turvy, and I am struggling with fatigue.I am waiting for government approval for some medication, which will hopefully work for me. Sewing mojo has skipped out the door. Early Summer, I found an abandoned, birds nest in my lavender bush. My thoughts, turned into making a Christmas Nest. I cleaned the nest and sprayed it with some glue, to hold it in place. I need now to work out how to Christmas decorate the nest.
I had a yen, to make some wreaths. I have been drying the twigs, outside over the warmer months. I purchased the last twigs from the local flower farm. I had some Christmas picks in my stash. I do not think it needs anymore embellishment.

I found some ornament kits, in my travels and quietly put them together, this morning, just need to add some ribbon.
I hope life is kind to all. Sla~n, O'faigh

10 comments:

julieQ said...

Was just thinking of you today...pretty projects you have on the go!

shez said...

Hi Lyn,hope you are feeling better and boy you surely are in the xmas spirit,hope you are able to make it for the next Millrosie friends meeting,take care.xx

Cheryll said...

That's a wonderful idea...making your own wreath...and so personal too! :)

retdairyqueen said...

Loving thoughts coming your way xx

marina said...

great idea for the little vacated nest and your wreath looks lovely.
cute little felt ornaments.
Hope you are coping ok and that you get that medication asap to help.
take care

Merilyn said...

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather, hoping the new meds do the trick. I sometimes find abandoned birds' nests too, I love their simple yet bird-sturdy structure, I put them among the herbs as a decoration. You did a nice job with the wreath, I have one that could do with a make-over.....
take care...

Anthea said...

Sending good wishes your way O'Faigh... and the wreath is so pretty, well done

katherine said...

Sending well wishes Ofaigh. Love your wreath and ornaments.

Allie said...

Hello dear heart, I'm sorry to hear you've not been well. I'm praying for you. Don't overdo, ok? I love your wreaths, what a lovely idea!

KaHolly said...

You'll be all set when Christmas rolls back around! One day at a time, Lyn!