Saturday, 24 May 2014

Fussy Friday progress


Dia Duit, I have been quietly working on my English paper piecing. I have the yen to start, new projects, but, determined to finish this small quilt first.
When, I was piecing the cream background, I did not have enough fabric. For two rows, I had to source a different fabric, I was unhappy with the result. Lo and behold, I had to go to the LPS for something else,  and the lass showed me some fabric, that had just come in. Yes, it was the original background fabric. I  unpicked the two rows, as I knew when the quilt was finished, I would be unhappy with the result. There are two and a half rows to stitch, plus the joining chocolate diamonds.
I am wondering whether to applique a cream border around it and bind with the chocolate fabric.
It has been a long time since, I learnt hand piecing, but loved the soothing effect on me as I quietly stitched.
Sl`an, O'faigh

Our young great niece, was involved in a terrible car accident, on Wednesday. I have not thought of anything else, since.Fractured spine and sternum, just 17 years old. A parents worst nightmare.  Thank goodness, for the air ambulance, paramedics, nurses, doctors and all medical personnel. a heartfelt thankyou.

11 comments:

Noela said...

Beautiful work on your quilt. Sorry to hear of your niece's accident. Prayers for a quick recovery. Hugs...

shez said...

lovely blocks O'Faigh and sending big hugs and prayers to your great niece.xx

Farm Gate Creations said...

Your quilt is coming along just beautifully. I wish your niece all the best with her recovery....healing thoughts are sent her way.

julieQ said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I am so sorry for your niece, and hope she recovers soon.

marina said...

a beautiful collections of stars.
I agree hand piecing is very calming.
hoping all goes well with your great niece.

KaHolly said...

Lyn, your quilt is coming out beautifully. I'd leave the border off if it was mine. I love to hand piece! My thoughts are with you, your niece and all of her family. Remember, I went through this with a very close young friend just this past fall.
Think positive!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous EPP blocks. How wonderful to get the original fabric. I wish your niece a speedy recovery.

Jo said...

OMG.
My heart sank and there were tears in my eyes as I read this. I am so glad she will be ok. That phone call is my worst nightmare.
Keep up with that hand piecing

Merilyn said...

Love your English PP project, this will be a stunning little quilt!!!
Sorry to hear about your niece, I hope she makes a good recovery - such a shock to have this happen....

Tania said...

So very sorry to hear about your niece, sending best wishes and loving thoughts for a quick and complete recovery. So awful for her and all your family. Just love your paper piecing, really beautiful. Take care xxx

kiwikid said...

Love your paper piecing - hope all comes well with your great niece. Thinking of you.
xx