About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Thursday, 29 May 2014

Rusty Skills

Dia Duit, we all know, how generous and kind our fellow quilting/blogging buddies are. Recently, a quilting buddy gave me a BOM, that she was not going to make and asked me, if I would like it. The fabrics were in the colours that I have loved since I started quilting. Forest Green, Midnight Navy and Burgundy.
Years ago, I used to make Mail Order Cloth dolls, for an Upmarket Store in Melbourne.
She is not quite finished, my doll making skills are rusty, I had trouble with the skirt making and pleased to say, it has worked. Faces I find hard to draw, so will leave that to the very last.
Sla~n, O'faigh
The finished product, dolly's face is drawn and 12 inch mini complete, to be gifted in August.

9 comments:

Tania said...

Lovely sewing, and a gorgeous little dolly x

marina said...

they are both beautiful!
well done on shaking the rust off those forgotten skills.

Jo said...

Good on you for the doll making. I have made a few dolls but am not that confident. I cannot do the faces. It is a let down. Maybe one day I could do a workshop

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful duo! Such lovely fabrics xx

barb's creations said...

Very pretty, I'm sure the recipient will love them :) Barb.

Merilyn said...

Love your doll......this is something I have not yet tried to do....still have that Amish doll, and she'll have her own spot in my new room......

debbie said...

Your dolly is very pretty. I love dollies too. xx debbie

katherine said...

Beautiful. Mum used to do a fair amount of dolls and jointed bears when my girls were little. Love yours with its matching mini quilt.

kiwikid said...

Both are beautiful!