Friday, 6 June 2014

Tailor Bird Carry Case


Dia Duit, early this year DH and I went to an Antique Fair in the country. Eagle Eye spied the Tailor Bird Sewing Machine. It was the first time I had come across such a sewing machine. The case should have had a layer of fabric, but had been removed. I presume it had become tatty, over the years, hence the removal.
When I brought the machine home, I placed it under our hall stand. Another project to do.


My dear friend Anne, kindly embroidered the words and bird for me on my selected fabric. Thank you Fairy Anne.

Today was the day to make the carry case. I was halfway through the making and DH wanted to go for a walk. Boy was I grumpy. Nothing worse, when you are on a roll. These last few months have taking a toll on my sewing mojo. I was afraid, when I came home from our walk, I would not finish the cover and be left with a UFO.The finished project, went off with out a hitch. The only thing left to do, is to sew some Velcro, to hold the top and bottom layers together.No Velcro in my stash, so will have to wait for my next trip into town. Sla~n, O'faigh

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Looks fabulous. Hugs, xx

KaHolly said...

What an awesome job! Your talents have no boundaries!!

Melody said...

Fascinating post. I'd never heard of these machines

katherine said...

A gorgeous quilted sewing cover! I haven't heard of those machines either.

kiwikid said...

LOve the sewing machine cover - great to carry on after the interruption!!
xx

Farm Gate Creations said...

This is the first time that I had heard of that machine....very interesting, I'll have to investigate further on the net. You have done a fabulous job on the cover.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looks fabulous! What a wonderful find.

Merilyn said...

Wonderful job with your carry case, very well done, and I love the machine embroidery too...good to see your sewing mojo has returned....

Anthea said...

the cover looks great O'Faigh, well done on finishing it so it didn't end up being a ufo!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are amazing that looks awesome....

Cheryll said...

Great find and even better project. You are a clever lady!