About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Monday, 18 August 2014

A Travelling Companion - Colonial Rose



Dia Duit, I had taken my hexagon quilt, Colonial Rose away with me. Difficult, as our caravan is  small. I was far from impressed with Spotty dog and DH. We had stopped at a roadside stop for a stretch, drink and a walk  . I had double bagged my quilt in plastic, as we travelled, it was placed on our bed. DH let Spot into the caravan and closed the door. He was watching Spotty through the window, yes Spotty cocked his leg and peed on my quilt.Lucky, it did not soak through the layers of plastic. To date, the number of hexagons stitched are 2097. I hummed and haahd whether to take out the papers. I did so,(20 hours was the time it took to remove the papers) leaving two rows around the quilt, much easier to manage, while stitching on new pieces. Currently, I am working on the corners of the quilt, which will make the square.I am so tempted to start some new projects but persevering with this one.
Sla~n, O'faigh

8 comments:

julieQ said...

First of all your quilt is just gorgeous! So sorry for the potty accident....didn't mean to mom!

KaHolly said...

Oh, Lyn, I can't wait to see it spread out!! (Bad dog!)

Jeanette said...

Oh no. I'm glad the pee didn't get through to your quilt. It's looking great. I hate the part of having to remove papers. Takes so long. Hugs,xx

Merilyn said...

Nothing worse than dog pee on a quilt LOL!!!! Glad the moisture didn't make it way through to the fabric......it is time consuming removing the papers, but oh! the result at the end will be so worth it......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

On Scotty...did you want your mummy to smell you on there....thank goodness for double baagging...it looks AWESOME....

Jo said...

It was great meeting you today. Your quilt is just lovely. Can't wait for the retreat now....

Jo said...

It was great meeting you today. Seeing your quilt was fantastic. Can't wait for the retreat. Yes I will share. Take care & hope you feel better

Sisbabestitches said...

Thank goodness for the plastic, that would aroma may have made sitting down to stitch a bit off-putting. I am so pleased the time has been worth it :)