About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Sunday, 10 August 2014

Home Sweet Home- Christmas in July- 12 Inch Mini Swap


Dia Duit, the last seven weeks, have been unkind in many ways. I am so glad to be home, it took two weeks to travel home, as I was only able to travel three hours a day. Some 6,500 Kilometre around trip. Dh father passed away. Initially we flew to Queensland for the funeral, came home, packed the van. Due to DH and I being old crocks, a very slow journey, to and from.My MIL, bless her needed our help. It was an unexpected hospital stay for me. A shock to my system, that one tiny insect bite, could cause me such havoc.Another four to six weeks,to recover.

When I arrived home, on my kitchen bench were two parcels for me. Thank you Clare and Noela, for the beautiful, thoughtful gifts you sent to me.A wonderful pick me up.My apologies that I was unable to open your gifts at the proper time. Circumstance. I could never understand, why, the Grey Nomads travel to Queensland for the winter months. I know now...grin...and feel I will not be spending the winter months in the cold, when you can be in shorts and tshirt and a warm 24 Celsius. Will post some lovely photos on our travel home. The puppies, bless them travelled so well. What great little tackers they are. I am sure Spot in his previous life was a cat, so laid back and cool. Molly worries me, she is like the dog in the movie Red Dog. Everyones dog. We could have sold her many times over, such a beautiful creature she is.On the way home, there was a Sunday Market on at Berry, we were talking towards, the market. A couple walked passed us, the lady picked our Molly up in her arms, I swear, Molly would have gone home with her. Sl~an, O'faigh

9 comments:

kiwikid said...

Good to hear you are ok - hopefully the bite has mended! Boy what a shock to end up in hospital!! I can understand the pleasure of being a grey nomad, have had some freezing weather here! Take care!

Jo said...

Good to see you back here. Hope you are feeling much better

shez said...

Hi O'Faigh so glad that you are on the mend and so glad you got to have some warmer weather and so sorry about your FIL,please pass on my condolences to Robert,take care my friend.xx

julieQ said...

So glad you are home and safe and had wonderful gifts to greet you!!

retdairyqueen said...

Welcome home Lovely gifts
Hope you are feeling a bit better
Thinking of you both xx

Merilyn said...

Glad to hear you are now home...sounds like the adventure you wouldn't really plan, but sometimes life is like that....nice to hear the dogs handled themselves well for you, a great adventure for them.......time for a good long rest now......take care!!

KaHolly said...

Glad you are home safe and sound and can put that all behind you!

Cheryll said...

Good to hear all the packages arrived safely. Sorry I'm reading back the front...caught up now with all the news... lol

Sisbabestitches said...

So pleased you have made it home safely :) What gorgeous parcels to come home to :) Take care