About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Friday, 22 August 2014

Weakened......A New Project.....with the Millbook Series...


Dia Duit, seriously, I have been so focused on Colonial Rose Hexagon Quilt, until a couple of days ago. I have in my stash the Millbook Series of fabric from the 1830's, Reproduction of course. The photo with the part pieced quilt does not do it justice. The above pic gives a better idea of the colours.
Before we went away, I was trolling through blogland and came across a Postage Stamp Quilt, this is what I am making.
I  have Brigitte Giblins, book, The feathered nest and fell in love with a crib quilt. That is the next epp quilt I wish to make. Both of these quilts, will go into our spare room. Perfect.The Millbook series are muddy pastel colours...just love them.
I am happy to say, tomorrow I a going to the Millrosie Gathering, so looking forward to catching up with everyone. Good for the Soul, and will be taking Colonial Rose with me....
Sla~n, O'faigh

7 comments:

KaHolly said...

Very pretty, Lyn. I'm glad it's time for your Milrosie Gathering again. You need a good dose of quilty friends love!!

barb's creations said...

Look forward to seeing colonial rose in person tomorrow as well as you, glad to hear you're feeling better :) Barb.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I'm looking forward to catching up tomorrow and seeing the progress on your Colonial Rose in person. hugs

shez said...

Hi Lyn it's gorgeous can't wait to see you tomorrow,xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love the Millbook series and have used some of it around my new bears. Your postage stamp is going to be beautiful xx

julieQ said...

Wow! You are further along on your postage stamp than I am...I love those pretty colors!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hope you had a lovely day with the girls....gorgeous top...