Saturday, 27 September 2014

Meet Nana Violet.....


Dia Duit, I sometimes wonder about the male species, I do not mean this in a bad way.
While we were on holidays, DH had the local newspaper and found a Singer 222k advertised in there.
His words, were would you like to have a look. I rang the lady and made arrangements. We had to travel about an hour from Halls Gap. Unfortunately, when I tried the machine, it would not sew and kept breaking the thread. My thoughts were to think about it over lunch, alas I decided no, as I would have had to pay for a service, parts and have it tagged and tested, which made the price beyond me.
Lo and behold, we had the IPAD with us with limited usage through our mobile phone. The champ that DH is, said to me, here is one with 20 hours to go and a good price, put in a bid.This is the one you should have, and I will buy it for you as a Wedding Anniversary present. I did not think I had a hope in hell. My other machines our 221K the difference is with the 222K I believe is it becomes a free arm. When we came home on Friday, I dropped into Nessie to pick up my quilts and yes I had won with one bid.
We went into Geelong, to pick up the machine late that afternoon. When we came home, DH said to me what are you going to name her? DH suggestion was to name the machine after the lady that owned her. A lass kindly sold the 222k, for a friend whose Nan had to go into care at the age of 94.
I rang the lass up and said I had a strange request, what was the name of the lady that owned the machine. It is Nana Violet. So Nana Violet it is. Sl~an O'faigh

17 comments:

marina said...

so wonderful that nana violet has found a loving new home!
brownie points for hub too.

Cheryll said...

What a great story! I hope nana violet enjoys a long life with you. :)

Jo said...

Very nice "nana violet"

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Welcome Nana Violet...ohhhh she ois is gorgeou O....what a wonderful gift from your DH...have fun with her....x

KaHolly said...

Oh, Lyn, she's a beauty! Your hubby is a sweetie.

Katherine said...

It was meant to be. Its a lovely name and a wonderful story too.

KERYN B said...

What a beautiful little machine and what a wonderful husband..

julieQ said...

Oh she is beautiful! Enjoy!

Vickie said...

Nana Violet is a beauty and Hubby is a keeper :) cheers Vickie

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Sweet story about, "Nana Violet!"
She is a beauty O'faigh and will sing a pretty hummmmmm for you as she stitches on your projects! Enjoy your new vintage toy :)

Carolyn

Farm Gate Creations said...

Oh that is a gorgeous way to name a machine and it suits it just perfectly.

Jeanette said...

What a lovely machine. Love the name, suits it. Hugs, xx

Allie said...

Oh Lyn she's GORGEOUS! Well done to hubby!!!! Love how you came up with her name!

Merilyn said...

Congratulations!!! Such a great Anniversary present...what a wonderful find, Nana Violet looks to be in great condition, many happy hours of sewing with her.....

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn,

What a lovely story about Nana Violet. A wonderful present from your Husband.

Happy sewing.
Bev.

Christine said...

What a lovely story and a wonderful addition to your family!

Quiltness said...

She is beautiful. And will be well loved.