Sunday, 21 September 2014

The Grampians Part 3


Dia Duit, come on a walk with me, to the Silverband falls...it has been a longtime since we have been. The floods caused alot of changes to this area. I was horrified to see as you followed along the creek/river bed the devastion, the past flood had caused. Huge trees had been swept along, and dumped to block the river bed, many times.. I thought I had a pic to show you, but alas no.


We were lucky to see the Duotross Fantail, he was too quick for me as I tried to take a pic to show you. Never seen this bird here before,but it has been there habitat for along time, according to the sign.






This picture, is where we used to walk down to the falls. The road has been blocked off. You popped out of your car, and walked a little to the entrance of the path. It obviously has collapsed in the flood time.This was on the left hand side of the creek. However, now with the new path it is on the right side of the creek.I hope my friends, you have enjoyed a little of our holiday. Sla~n, O'faigh

5 comments:

marina said...

lovely holiday snaps,
looks like you enjoyed taking the camper for a spin.

KaHolly said...

What a lovely walk! Thank you for taking us along. It's always so nice to see what it's like in your little corner of the world.

Merilyn said...

Really enjoyed all three posts of your holiday.....great little walking tracks and some beautiful scenery of an area I know little about.....

Allie said...

Well that was fun - I do love seeing new places!! Loved the pic of the pups sleeping in their beds....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous....