About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Little Sisters and Mums Mystery Run....

 Dia Duit, last Sunday, my mother and sister arranged a mystery run with the Morris Minor Club, in which we belong. Monnie, is my beloved baby and Max is little sisters. Aptly named after our folks.


 My mother absolutely adores the Morry and the club runs, grin....no one is allowed to sit in the front passenger seat. Poor Dad has to sit in the back...


 The starting point was in Geelong at Waurn Ponds, eight trusty Morries and their owners attended.
 Our morning tea stop was at the community hall at Freshwater Creek, not far from our starting point. There is also a Pony Club that has its grounds alongside.Cannot pass up one of Mum's infamous cup cakes.

 Pictured above is Bells Beach, where they have the surfing comps. It has been many years since DH and I have been here.

From Bells Beach we travelled to the Angelsea Power Station, and then onto the open cut. In all the years we have lived on the Bellarine Peninsula I have never been here. The wind was appalling, travelling up through the cut.



The start of the wildflower season, I was surprised that these plants survived alongside the open cut.
 Last but not least, little sisters beloved Morry Max pic taken at the car park in Bells Beach,
and Monnie my beloved Morry. It has been well over twelve months that I had started up my Morry let alone take her on a car run. I have not had a chance and ashamed to say, the battery was dead as a dodo. Now, she starts like a charm. Hopefully, I can make more use of her now.
Sla~n, O'faigh

5 comments:

julieQ said...

I want to come with you on a Morry adventure!! What a darling car!

julieQ said...

I want to come with you on a Morry adventure!! What a darling car!

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn,

I would be using that car as a everyday car. She is a looker!

Happy days.
Bev.

KaHolly said...

Oh, what fun!! I had no idea you have that cool car!

Katherine said...

Love those gorgeous little cars. My dad had a couple in his day too. Great photos and thank you for sharing them with us. I am going to send a link to dad with this in it so he can see it too.