About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Proof in the Pudding



Dia Duit, every morning when I came out from our bedroom, I would look at Colonial Rose spread out on the living room floor. Everytime, I looked, I kept changing my mind. I had made the decision  not to add the navy/white/pink flowered border and simply bind the quilt in pink.
However, yesterday, I decided to add the border. It was such a lovely warm, sunny day yesterday, I stripped the bed and washed the sheets. I was voicing to DH, that I was in a quandary with this quilt. His suggestion was to lay Colonial Rose on our bed and then decide.
The old saying of Proof in the Pudding is apt. Due to the size of Colonial Rose, I simply do not have the space to add another border. From the top two pictures you can see I can have Colonial Rose, on the bed, either way.The overlay in the third picture, I will need to tuck this, under the mattress, or cover the pillows with the quilt. The feature is the central part of the quilt. I wonder how many hexies are now in Colonial Rose? I have twenty rows, to cut, stitch and sew to complete this quilt. Will keep you posted.

Tomorrow, I am going to the Millrose Gathering Quilting Retreat. Looking forward to going, but apprehensive at the same time. Life has been busy, our Jess had had her knee operation, and I have been running back and forth with her. In the middle of this, my MIL decided to come back to Victoria for a holiday, so have busy caring for her.Hmmmm I am longing to take the caravan away, for a rest, but cannot see that happening for sometime,.
Sla~n, O'faigh

10 comments:

Christine M said...

Your quilt looks great, O'faigh.

marina said...

your colonial rose looks amazing, it's going to be wonderful on your bed.
Enjoy your Retreat!! You'll have a ball..

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Goodness me that is stunning.....have heaps of fun and be good xx

Jo said...

Pack your stuff and let's have a great weekend away.,it will be nice to talk in person. Think me time......
See you tomorrow. Do you know what time you plan on getting there......

retdairyqueen said...

That quilt is just beautiful
Hope you get away in the van and that Jess is doing ok xx

Allie said...

You could always get a bigger bed - *giggle* Oh hon it's just stunning, so much work but really beautiful. Hope all is well with Jess, and that you get a bit of time away soon....

Jeanette said...

A very beautiful quilt. Have fun at retreat. Hope Jess is ok. Hugs,xx

Merilyn said...

Colonial Rose looks wonderful.....so much work but worth it in the end.....enjoy your Retreat time...all the best to Jess and her recovery...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous!

KaHolly said...

oh my goodness gracious, is it ever beautiful!! Have fun at the gathering!