Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Update on The Promised Land Quilt...




Dia Duit, yet again, QuiltNess has done a superb job with the quilting. Ness told me she used 5 metres of wadding for this little baby. The bed skirt and top quilt I overlocked all the edges and double stitched the skirt onto the quilt top. I made the pillow sham separate. From the pic you can see the stitching of the bed skirt. The bed skirt took the length of the fabric, I had at 4 1/2 yards, yes a whole lot of hand stitching of binding to sew down. Little sister came in the process and helped me to cut the binding on the bias. I didnot have enough fabric left for the binding, what a job I had trying to colour match the binding. In the end, I chose black, but it had to be the right shade. Yes I found it, will have an updated photo once the process of binding is done. I am so so happy with this one. Before holidays I spent one day making a bolster for the caravan. Hmmmm when we bought we didnot try the bed for length for DH, yes, his feet hung over the edge...grin...I was right....
Sla~n, O'faigh
Update -the now completed quilt/bedspread with bolster.

9 comments:

julieQ said...

Beautiful! That is a lot of binding!

Terry said...

It's beautiful! :0)

Quiltness said...

Lynnie, dear friend the finished result is AMAZING. So glad I could help you make such a lovely quilt for the caravan. It will help keep you warm and cozy. Love your quilting friend Ness

marina said...

amazing!!
it looks gorgeous. YOu will definitely be sleeping in style in your travelling home.

marina said...

amazing!!
it looks gorgeous. YOu will definitely be sleeping in style in your travelling home.

Cheryll said...

It looks fantastic! Well done!

barb's creations said...

That is truly gorgeous! Too funny about dh's feet hanging over the bed end :) Barb.

Merilyn said...

Wow!! You did a great job with this project, looks fabulous, very tidy indeed!!!! Love the four-patch too, looks very comfy......

Allie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. You did a wonderful job on this, my dear!