About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Monday, 24 November 2014

After two years, havenot tired of hexies....but 1/2 inch hexies?????

Dia Duit, I have been itching to start Brigitte Giblins, Crib Quilt, featured in her book, The Feathered Nest. It will be for the bridge chair, we have in the spare room. I have already made the Postage Stamp Quilt and pillow sham. Yippee a new project. Colonial Rose is with Ness.

 What does one do on a cold rainy day????Listen to youtube with your favourite band. I love the Dubliners, especially the song Grace.Glad DH did not want to use the pc yesterday. He would have a battle on his hands....grin.......
 I have had in my stash some two years, now , the Millbook Series repro fabric from 1835. Love this fabric. Pictured above, the corner pieces being cut out. My aim is to prepare, as much of this quilt I can, before the Christmas madness starts.They are 1/2 inch hexies. I thought I would struggle, but going fine with the small size,
The central medallion, block. Mayhap, I can do some more tomorrow afternoon. I had to go to Melbourne, today, for my yearly check.

I was fortunate enough to be picked for the Travelling Treasures which was on my doorstep when I came in this afternoon. For Australian Residents only, if you wish to take part in the Travelling Treasures, lookout for my blogpost on the 9th December, 2014
Sl~an,O'faigh

10 comments:

Jo said...

Hope all went well with your appointment...
More Hexies... What are you thinking.... Well done.
Hahaha

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your hexies are amazing xx

Anthea said...

I never tire of doing hexy's myself, or seeing others making them too... you'll do a wonderful job of it I'm sure O'Faigh
xo

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Hi there,

Love your play area! Great hexie project!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Carolyn

Merilyn said...

Your new hexie project looks gorgeous, lovely fabrics you are using......it must be nice to be starting something new.....

Jeanette said...

Love making hexies. Hopefully over Xmas i'll be able to get back to them & my other EPP. Can't wait to see your project develop. Hugs,xx

kiwikid said...

Love hexies too...this looks interesting...half inch hexies would come together quite quickly I would think??

Katherine said...

This is going to be another gorgeous project to watch! Love the fabrics

Allie said...

Half. inch. hexies. Oh my you're so much braver than me, lol. I know it will be beautiful. BTW, love your computer desk!

KaHolly said...

Oh, boy, another of your beautiful hexie projects to watch grow.