About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Friday, 26 December 2014

The Giving Quilt

 Dia Duit, I had the privilege and pleasure of meeting my blogging buddy Julie, Spring 2013 in the States. We shared some time together, at the Houston Quilt Festival. A long lasting memory of meeting such a precious, sweet lass, her hubby and Rosie dog .Cherished memories. Julie, has a way of overwhelming me. This Christmas time, words failed me of Julie's gesture to me. In the Christmas Parcel this year, was a 1930's Grandmother's Garden Hexagon Quilt. The Giving Quilt Novel with the matching Pin. Now you can understand, the emotion I felt. I have a deep love of the 1930's era and to hold in my hands a piece of someone's work, Julie's overwhelming gesture....................
 Some Mags, fabrics from Julie's Christmas stash. A lovely tote to carry my iron into class which is also an ironing mat, scented candle.
An owl purse, soft toy and of course the quilt, pin and novel.
Thank you Julie.Sla~n, O'faigh

4 comments:

Jo said...

Wow, you have been very spoilt.. Lucky girl

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Beautiful gifts xx

Christine M said...

Lovely gifts, O'faigh. You'll enjoy the book. I have the whole set and love reading them.

julieQ said...

Readers, this is my precious friend! She is sweet beyond compare and is a lovely person whom I am glad to know!