Tuesday, 13 January 2015

I much rather be quilting.......

 Dia Duit,.....groan....I would rather be doing a quilting project, than the one I have started today. DH has a new project. In our  yard, we have had an old trailer sailer,which has been sitting for quite some time. My job, is to produce new curtains. Job done, pictured above. New Zips for the cushions, as the old ones  are weather beaten....split...and corroded....job done.....
 Yesterday, I spent the afternoon, scrubbing and cleaning the vinyl cushions. What a job, silastic plastered on one, another had a large amount of dried fish guts,....gross......gross....gross.....the third had a large undertimened substance, to be removed and the fourth.......many brown stains...I would have had DH hide if he was responsible for the mess on the cushions...grin.....tomorrow my job is to remove the four zips......in readiness for new ones......which will be Saturdays job......I have roped little sister into help me with the zips...hate ...hate...hate putting in zips........
The two outside cushions, are to be cut down into two small cushions,...job done.... which will form part of the main bed berth...and two back rests to be made...these were missing...part of the makings above. Last but not least, pictured is my 1915 Singer Industrial Machine.....I had to bring it inside out from the garage....poor thing was smothered with DH junk....this machine is a real terror....hold on for your life...sewing with this one...I had considered using my quilting Brother sewing machine....I placed a denim needle and wound upholstery thread on the bobbin.....and threaded the upholstery thread through the machine....
I had a change of heart.....no way did I want to stuff up my machine.....I think you can gather by my words how disgruntled I feel........my memories go back to when I had to make the canvas cover for the CuB Camper.......DH has away of turning a sow's ear into a silk purse...all through our years....we have had to turn one man's junk into our treasure....boy oh boy...it can be such hard work....
Sla~n O'faigh
Cub Camper pic, when we went on our holiday to the Snowy Mountains and came back down to Phillip Island, for the Historic Car Racing. As you can see from the picture,the camper covered with tarps, it was a rain drenched holiday. When we were at Tathra Beach, it absolutely bucketed down. I thought we were going to lose the canvas on the camper, that I had worked so hard on......... to make. DH is one stubborn man. We were drenched through three times, before common sense prevailed and we packed everything away sopping wet and headed for a dry cabin.....grin.....which I might add....everyone else had already done.at lunchtime.........I managed to book the very last cabin....late that afternoon........hmmmmmm

9 comments:

marina said...

you're a good woman for reworking the upholstery.
I am sure dh will appreciate your hard work.

julieQ said...

What a fun little camper, and I know it must be hard work! Have a fun day!

Jo said...

Oh no. All that rain is hard work. I would have got a cabin too
Are you busy on the 27 or 29 jan

Merilyn said...

Those Singer Industrials are wonderful machines aren't they!!!
Looks as though your upgrade will be well worth it, good for you getting stuck into this big sewing chore!!!!

KaHolly said...

Talk about being industrious!! I think tackling these projects would be too much for me!! But the end results are always so rewarding, aren't they?

Scrapatches said...

Your 1915 Singer must be a real workhorse to be up to this task. Not my idea of a fun sewing project ... ;) Pat

Katherine said...

I can understand your frustration and I too have spent many years making another mans junk into treasured pieces for my house. I just need to work on finding some lovely dining chairs that match in style and we are all set! But after all that hard work together. Him cleaning and building and your sewing skills and you have a lovely camper in the end that will be worth so much more now that you have fixed it up.

shez said...

Hi O"Faigh boy you have been busy,cant wait to see it all finished ,oh dear sounds like such horrible weather,see you soon my friend xx

Allie said...

Boy are you brave to tackle that, lol - LOVE your Singer!!! Camping - ugh - I like the IDEA of it, but I do my best camping at luxury hotels, lol.