Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Monday, 5 January 2015

UFO- Colonial Rose


 Dia Duit, life has been hectic..blogging had to be put away for that time....after Boxing Day......we have spent our days repainting the inside of our home. Some serious culling has been done..... if we were to pass...our mess would be left for Jess to clean up....I came across a link in regard to Estate Sales.....it made interesting reading.....the linkhttp://thingsbright.com/the-estate-sale-on-hoarding-craft-stashes-using-what-we-have-and-selling-stuff/ ...food for thought.
As I have aged...I place things away....and for the life of me cannot find it...when I am looking for it....I spent a day pulling my sewing space apart....labelling and placing fabric stash and projects into clear boxes...so now I can find whatever is needed....the excess  I have taken to the local Church who have a craft group each week....what I gave was gladly accepted. This year I have decided to finish all UFO's in one form or another......pictured above are my crochet hexagons...I came across a pattern for a small bag.....a little unpulling had to be done for the required shape.....I found some lovely wooden handles....one more hexagon to crochet and then I can put the bag together......
I thought you might like to see Colonial Rose on our bed. The quilt is very heavy...and not sure when the time comes how I am going to wash this quilt. Each year, all the quilts in our house are washed.
Recently, I had been told that I did it wrong, however, it works for me. I place the quilts in our washing machine on cold wash, with wool mix. Dry on our clothes line or in the clothes dryer. I have used this method for years, and nothing untoward has happened.
Sla~n, O'faigh

11 comments:

Anthea said...

O'Faigh the Colonial Rose is looking amazing on your bed - I guess you should just do what wash method works for you - if it's so heavy, perhaps it could be drycleaned?
So true about keeping 'stuff' - what joy is there in fabrics, piles & unidentified things?! I'm with you on that...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilt looks amazing and I do the same washing process I have a coupe or really big quilts and I take those to the laundromat xxxxx

Jo said...

I'm with you. I wash all my quilts on gentle wash and hang out on windy days. They come up lovely and fluffy.
Some have been hand pieced and quilted and some machine quilted, some have been used by the kids for 15 years and they are all still with me. Just be gentle. The faster they dry the better they are. I just hang them out on a windy day and they have worked out great. Anything to big for my machine I would take to the laundromat and then dry at home

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I was my quilts the same way :o) It must be the time for cluttler clean out. I've been at it again today and feel so much better for it. Ive given away quilt tops that I know I will never finish. Hopefully their new owners will too. We can cheer each other on to get these UFO's done :o) hugs

Cheryl said...

Colonial Rose is just beautiful O'Faigh

Kim said...

The quilt looks great on the bed you must be so pleased.

marina said...

sounds like you are having a new year clean out.
Love your crochet bag in the making and your colonial rose looks amazing!
well done

Merilyn said...

Your bedroom looks just wonderful with your new quilt.....I wash my quilts as you do, in the washing machine and wool mix and no, nothing untoward has happened to them, they dry very quickly on the line and for the last little bit of damp just pop into the dryer to fluff up a bit, and it's all good.....

shez said...

Hi O Faigh boy you sure have been busy,this looks awesome on your bed my friend,i hope you and Robbie and Jess are well,see you soon .xx

Allie said...

My mother says she collects things so I'll have more fun when she's gone, lol....I think she has a mean streak. Your crochet is just lovely, Lyn, and your Colonial Rose is stunning. I wash mine in the washer, dry them in the dryer, and never have any problem - if I were to wash them the way they say I never would, and they'd stay dirty.

julieQ said...

What an amazing finish! I really love your quilt so much!