About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Saturday, 14 February 2015

Follow Up Post - Quilty related

 Dia Duit, while we were at the car show last week, a gentleman spied the flag quilt I had made DH some years back, when the Cortina phase started happening with DH. The gentleman had quite a collection of badges and upon seeing the quilt realized that was how he wanted to display his badges...hmmmm....yes I have made a complete stranger a revamped version of the flag quilt for his FJ holden. I have been working hard these past two days, and happy to say just finished the last of the binding on the quilt. Now packed up ready to post to its destination.
A story to go with DH quilt. One day when Jess and I were at work, and we first started using Ebay. Little did we know what DH and father had been upto. See the badges sewn on his quilt, well DH decided to buy all the badges his heart desired, from places like Thailand, China, England and the States, little did he realize, I had no way of paying for them, as we did not have Paypal set up. Thank Goodness SIL came that night and we were able to pay for them with his credit card. HmmmmSla~n, O'faigh

6 comments:

Merilyn said...

What a very neat idea!!!!!....never thought to display badges this way.....I think you have a friend for life.....lucky man!!!!!!

Jo said...

You have done an amazing job.. Fantastic

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic idea x

KaHolly said...

How clever! You are making this gentleman very happy!

Allie said...

What a clever girl you are Lyn, that quilt is awesome!!!!

Katherine said...

WHat a fantastic idea! I thought though that it was women who impulse shop without thought lol. Men!