About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Sunday, 19 April 2015

Glamping Over Easter

Dia Duit, fancy a lamb roast? While glamping on the Murray River over Easter with friends. For the first time, I tried cooking a roast lamb and vegetables buried in hot coals, and covered with sand. As it was only a small deboned leg of lamb, it took three hours to cook in the dutch oven. Absolutely delicious.

 Tom's Beach on the NSW side of the Murray River.

 The bush behind us. After dinner, I was walking along the beach, and I was delighted to hear and see a Paddle Steamer, chugging along the river.




We have not visited the wineries for a long time, and managed to visit Pfeifer's on the way home.Purchased some gorgeous wines. The weather was perfect.
Unfortunately, I am laid up, with Cellulitis again. Nasty, Nasty, Nasty, cannot fight it.
Sla~n, O'faigh

7 comments:

Christine M said...

There's nothing better than a camp oven roast!

shez said...

Hi Lyn what a wonderful spot to go to,so glad you had a good time and boy i hope you feel better soon my friend xx

Jo said...

Oh no. Please take care and rest up.

Terry said...

Sorry you're not well. Looks like you had a lovely little vacation! :0)

Allie said...

What a sublime camping spot, Lyn - and that paddle steamer!!! Are those solar panels? How fun. I'm sorry to hear you're laid up hon, you are in my prayers!

Vickie said...

Oh dear girlfriend that is the pits..I hope your not layed up for too long..gorgeous photo's I bet that lamb melted in your mouth, hugs Vickie

Merilyn said...

As you can see, I am way, way behind on my emails, your Easter getaway looks fabulous, and I just love that little paddle steamer, what a wonderful sight on the river....hope all is well with you and that the cellulitis is starting to clear.....