Monday, 1 June 2015

Appreciate some help with the Card Box Quilt

Dia Duit, early this year some very generous blogging friends gave me some reproduction fabrics to use.I have been making my version of the Card Box Quilt and need some help with the surround of the quilt so far.My thought was to use what  I have made so far as the centre and do the surround in a scrappy brick pattern. My other thought was to make sash borders with scrappy blocks and outlined with the caramel fabric. It will be a lap quilt .Slan Ofaigh I would love to hear your thoughts.

4 comments:

Clare said...

I was wondering if you could frame with a solid peek-a-boo border then carry on with scrappy brick border and use the same colour as peek-a-boo fabric for binding! Happy Stitching.

Jo said...

I would put a small outside border in one colour then a scrappy outer border

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Great use of the scraps!!! Nice quilt top.

Carolyn

Allie-oops Designs said...

I like the idea of a plain border, small, then the scrappy - this is really pretty hon!