Thursday, 11 June 2015

Red/White Quilt

Dia Duit, a couple of years ago I received for my Birthday red and white fat quarters as part of a Birthday Club I was in. As I wish our bedroom to be revamped with the colours white/red/green. In the early hours of Sunday/Monday morning my thoughts were to go back to my humble beginnings of when I learnt patchwork. My very first project was a bedspread for our Jess in red and white. I have no idea where the quilt/bedspread is now,most probably I would have donated it to our local Church Fair.
You would have guessed by the pic that the top of the bedspread was 6 1/2 inch squares in red and white. Our bed topper is now pieced and tomorrow I will ask Quiltness to quilt it for me. I have my red sheets and pillow slips, over this will be a white waffle blanket, that 
I picked up last week half price.This will do until I make my Lucy Boston Quilt......grin.....not sure what Rob will think, his favourite colour is red.Slan ofaigh

T o my blessed blogging friends who kindly comment and email me.Please bear with me, as where we live we have very poor internet connections with our new technology of iPad and iPhone.Hmmmm and it does not help when a certain person in this household uses most of our data in a week. I am still trying to retrain someone's thinking that our data is not unlimited....grin......

6 comments:

Jo said...

Oh the internet causes so much trouble.... Hope you have fun with your planning of quilts

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looking so good .💚💜

barb's creations said...

Loving your red & white quilt :) Barb.

Helen said...

Looking lovely !

Allie-oops Designs said...

Red and white never gets old - I love that color combo SO much!~ Sorry to hear about your internet - with four massive data users here, we'd get maybe half a day a month if they limited us, lol.

Merilyn said...

Can't wait to see your red/white quilt......red sheets, now that I do want to see LOL!!!!!