About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Saturday, 19 September 2015

A Round Trip to escape boredom

Dia Duit, Lately I have not been sleeping well and wake each day around 6am. Hmmm what will I do today.I have a yen for Japanese linen, so I left home at 8 am and arrived at Millrose cottage Ballan around 9.15.

My purchases to start my stash of Japanese linens and some much needed basting glue.

I have always passed the sign leading to a little town called Gordon, today was today to visit his town.

What an amazing hat shop this is. You need to go and see for yourself. DD partner is Scottish so I purchased a thistle badge for his cap and for Jess some fingerless felted gloves on the chilly days when she goes to her horses.

Across the road is Shambles an antique shop with the must wonderous jackets and capes for winter.I was greeted warmly by Abby. Don't you just love her tartan coat.

Next stop Ballarat for some lunch and to visit The Crafty Squirrel. Morgan is fantastic and just love her store.Some vintage hexies for me and these charming Thread Dolls which came from Sajou France.

Some bits and pieces for a friend and swap I am in.
A little whimsy for the child at heart, this is a destined Christmas present for a special friend in the States.
Sadly my day had to come to an end as I am attending a birthday lunch tomorrowand had a request to make my special potato salad and a new salad recipe with roasted pumpkin and prawns with a lemon mustard dressing.Slan Ofaigh

10 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a fantastic day you had...love your shopping and I think wee Abby is gorgeous x

Jo said...

Oh wow. What a great day.... It looks like you had do much fun shopping and the kms you travelled was great.
Next time you go let me know. We still have to catch up...xoxo

KaHolly said...

What a wonderful and fulfilling road trip! I love that red door every time you show a pic of it.

shez said...

Hi Lyn,wow what a wonderful day you had today,love your new purchases,so glad you had a day to do whatever you wanted,take care my lovely friend xx

Jeanette said...

Lovely day out for you. Love your goodies you bought. Hugs, xx

retdairyqueen said...

What a lovely day you had
Good for you xx

marina said...

what a lovely day out Lyn,
those fabrics are gorgeous and the little accessories are cute as.
Love your little mouse family that arrived too.

Helen said...

Love your Japanese linens, you did have a wonderful day exploring thanks for sharing :)

Sisbabestitches said...

What a fantastic way to spend a day with a very early rise :) lovely weather for a drive, and such gorgeous bits and bobs you picked up :) Just love the linen you're collecting :)

Merilyn said...

What a great little place to visit!!! Love finding these little out of the way places, they hide so many wonderful little secrets!!!!! Such a nice way to spend a day....