Saturday, 2 January 2016

A Matter of Economics

Dia Duit, when we went to the Houston Quilt Festival, I saw John Flynn,s multi frame system.I did not purchase the frame at the time due to our luggage overflowing with fabric, gadgets and not forgetting the I wants from Jess and her partner in the shape of Ariat cowgirl boots and snake boots which took up a fair amount of space. After some months I sent for the frame which has sat in my sewing cupboard until this week. I have cut four Blankets of Love to practice on.I am on a mission to do some other projects first before I attempt the free motion quilting.At the last free motion sewing class I did Have all sorts of problems with the tension on my new machine.I loathe to fiddle with the tension but it will be a matter of have to.Wish me luck in this venture.I have been thoroughly spoilt by Quiltness over the years but it comes down to pure economics now. Slan Ofaigh

7 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Good luck Iam sure you will master it xx

kiwikid said...

Good luck with it...hope all goes well.

Jo said...

You will be ok

Helen said...

Good luck I'm sure you will be fine and quilting like a pro in no time :)

KaHolly said...

FMQ takes time but it's a lot of fun! Good luck!

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn,

Good luck with the quilting frame.

Happy days.
Bev.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow congratulations!!! But yuck to fiddling with tension. I imagine it's like anything else, it'll become second nature once you get going, and you'll be master of it in no time. Enjoy!