Saturday, 23 January 2016

Dresden Slouch Bag

Dia Duit, I fell in love with this project which is in the latest Handmade Magazine.The 
Pattern by Kristy Mills.In my stash I had some French General fat quarters.The button embellishment came from my button stash.When I lived in Melbourne a patchwork shop was closing down.The shop proprietors father used to make wooden buttons and the samples were for sale.It is a hand made button from the 1940's, sadly I am down to about six buttons left.I think the button enhances the slouch bag.Slan O'faigh 

13 comments:

shez said...

wow i love this bag Lyn i will have to see whether i can still get the magg,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is gorgeous o xxx

Melody said...

absolutely beautiful

Melody said...

absolutely beautiful

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just beautiful! Of course I love the fabrics and your special vintage button.

Helen said...

Love your bag it looks great especially with the button which suits the fabric and style of the bag.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow Lyn that's gorgeous, the button is just PERFECT for it. Well done!

julieQ said...

I love that one, Lyn!! Beautiful colors that you have chosen...you do amazing work!

Jeanette said...

Beautiful bag. Love the colours & that button is fabulous. Hugs,xx

kiwikid said...

Very nice bag Lyn...love the button too.

Merilyn said...

What a gorgeous little bag!!!! Wonderful pattern.....the fabrics you used.....just perfect!!!!

Jo said...

That button fits beautifully.... Love the bag

KaHolly said...

Oh, my goodness, Lyn! This bag is a winner! I absolutely love it! XO