Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Some Stash Hunting

Dia Duit, I have been looking to participate in an online BOM or similar. To my delight Barbara Brackman has one starting today for Westering Women.I love Barbara's blog and enjoy the history pertaining to each block. What a mess I made of my reproduction stash.The second picture below is a Christmas Gift from by BBBF Julie, and above what I found in my stash. I have not made a new Christmas Quilt since 2003, and decided to make my quilt in Christmas Colours. Reproduction of course...grin.The blocks are meant to be 12 inches finished, however, I have decided to make mine 6 inches.I pray I have not made a rod for my back in doing so.Slan Ofaigh

5 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Those fabrics are just gorgeous!!! But to halve the block size....oh my goodness you're a brave woman!!!

shez said...

Hi Lyn i cant wait to see this my friend ,lovely fabrics you have chosen xx

kiwikid said...

Lovely fabric collection!!

Merilyn said...

What a lovely idea using Christmas colours!!!!! I decided to participate in this BOM as well when she mentioned it a little while back. I have been washing and ironing my fabrics and printed off the first lot of instructions this morning - now the hardest part, which colours to put together LOL! Good on you for taking on the challenge of doing the blocks at 6", I know you'll do a great job, and at one block per month it's not too much pressure......I look forward to seeing your blocks!!!!!!

Helen said...

Beautiful fabrics !!