About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Friday, 8 January 2016

The Dressmaker Exhibition at Barwon Mansion Winchelsea

Dia Duit,  if you have seen The Dress Maker and loved it as much as I did, I went twice to see it at the pictures,read the novel and haves ordered the dvd to be released at the end of February.I thoroughly recommend if you have the time to visit Barwon Mansion at Winchelsea to see the exhibition of many of the costumes.I have not shown the pics of inside as I do not wish to spoil it if you do decide to visit the exhibition.I have an attachment to Barwon Mansion as my relatives on my mothers side of the family managed the property in the early 1900's and lived in the original homestead by the Barwon River, not the mansion where Mrs Austin lived at that time. My thoughts were what an excellent venue for the exhibition.There is a little shop as well as a little cafe where you can have a Devonshire tea or lunch.I loved the exhibition so much I went twice.The first time I dragged DH along and the second time took my elderly parents,although they have not seen the film which I will remedy with my dvd purchase I thought Mum would enjoy the exhibition as my mother is a brilliant dressmaker and still makes her clothes for the old time dances they attend. Slan O'faigh





4 comments:

Helen said...

Thanks for the photos and commentary on your "dressmaker" experience.

Merilyn said...

What a fabulous visit/s they would have been!!!!! Loving everything old as far as sewing is concerned would have been just wonderful to see, what a gorgeous mansion, I will look out for the DVD as well, it's a film I'd love to see......good for you going twice.....you would have seen somethings you didn't notice the first time!!!!!!

Melody said...

Thanks for sharing the info about the exhibition. Sounds fabulous

kiwikid said...

Hope to get there myself at some stage Lyn. Loved the book and the film.