About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Saturday, 4 June 2016

A New Toy and trusty Kiera has come out

Dia Duit,recently I was fortunate to be able to purchase a quilting frame from a special friend Jo.In some ways a matter economics for me and a new learning curve. Suffice to say,This past week,  I have broken needles, put a hole in a quilt, tension troubles and breaking thread. What I put my poor Brother sewing machine through. Hmmmm I am ashamed to say it had not had a service for two years. When I picked up my machine on Thursday from John, he gave me a little plastic bag full of thread that had been caught up in the top thread tension.A place where you cannot see.So, I did not have to keep lifting my machine on and off the quilt table, out came little Kiera. How I love this little work horse.She is the first Singer featherweight machine I purchased, Hawk Eye Rob (hubby) spotted her at a swap meet, a few years back. I have not seen many in Australia. I had the I wants for a long time. As I use backing, wadding and Jo kindly gave me some cot quilt panels to practice on. I thought what am I going to do with them, once finished. Jess rang me, (she works at the local hospital) and said she had been up to Special Care and had fallen in love with all the babies. She made me laugh and made me cry. Our girl has endodemetrios and adenmyosis, and I pray pray pray that she can be a mama and me a grandma. It may not be, so  be it, we have our beautiful Jess. Now I digress.
Jess asked if they would take the little quilts, and the nurse said yes, not the small ones but bigger ones to cover the humidcribs. I was spot on with the size, and Jess took the two I have made so far. I have another two on the boil. Hmmm hope you had a cuppa while reading this.Slan, O'faigh

6 comments:

shez said...

good morning my lovely friend,wow such a big post for you,looks like you are having way to much fun lol.
The big machine looks good set up and i can see this saving you heaps of money,a great investment you made from Jo.
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday Lyn :)

Jo said...

Wow. Good on you having some fun... Glad they are going to good use...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Go glrl ... Have fun 💖

barbara woods said...

Great reason to make quilts

Merilyn said...

So nice to be able to complete the whole project oneself!!! Looks as though the Featherweight is earning her keep as well!!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Love your little Kiera - and what a sweet thing to be able to put those small quilts to good use! Praying for Jess...and for you.