About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Saturday, 11 June 2016

From this to that Aunt Grace's afternoon tea sewing set

Nb lassies I accidentally pressed delete instead of comment for this post sorry not able to retrieve as we are having email woes with Telstra. Dia Duit, when I went to our blogging get together the other week I purchased two panels of hexagon cheater cloth. I machine quilted the fabric with a small flower.My intention was to cut it up for this....
A project holder, thread bin, pin cushion, tea cup and plate mat and scissor keep.I used my precious 1930's buttons from my stash.Sadly that was the last of my pink buttons.
I have named the sewing set after my Aunt Grace such a gracious lady who spent most of her life wheelchair bound. Into the pressie box not sure where it is destined. Slan, O'faigh

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the sewing set. So pretty. Hugs,xx

Jo said...

Hey Lyn... Is that thread bin made from a square that is folded and then sewn to for the box with buttons.. It is very cute. You did such a lovely job.

kiwikid said...

They all look wonderful Lyn, great sewing.

retdairyqueen said...

Gorgeous my friend xx

shez said...

Hi Lyn sorry i thought i left a comment on this post,dont know where it went,lol.
I love this cute set you have made,you are so very clever,your ideas are amazing,hope you have a lovely day my friend :)

julieQ said...

I have your address, Lyn...you won a prize on my blog, and I will send your package soon! Hugs!