Saturday, 11 June 2016

Knitting again after so many years

Dia Duit, last night's progress with knitting the little hug me tight pictured.I had great visitors yesterday, Jo and her hubby Tony. Jo very kindly gave me some of her Mum's baby, toddler knitting books.I have not knitted for such a long time.After my visitors left I sat down and perused the patterns and came across the hug me tight pattern.As I Had no wool, I raced up to,the local wool store and purchased some of Amanda's hand dyed yarn.I remember the pattern from one of my mothers pattern books hmmm unfortunately my mother threw all her knitting patterns out,I was cross with her as some of the patterns were mine.Never mind what is done is done.I really appreciate Jo's generosity to me.As you can see I Have  been bitten with the knitting bug.I love sitting down on a cold winters night and pick up my knitting.Slan, O'faigh

8 comments:

Jo said...

Oh it looks so lovely. I am so glad I have made you happy and that you are using S mums patterns. They haven't gone to waste.... Love that wool and the colours too

shez said...

Good morning my lovely friend,such lovely knitting ,the colour is so pretty,i find knitting very relaxing,hope your day is a good one Lyn :)

kiwikid said...

Lovely of Jo to share the patterns. Lovely wool you are using, enjoy the knittng.

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a lovley gift. You definitely haven't forgotten how. That wool is gorgeous! Enjoy your knitting x

KaHolly said...

Oh, what fun! I love to knit, but I'm not very good at it. I still have fun, though! Enjoy! It looks very pretty! XO

barb's creations said...

Lovely, lovely knitting, such pretty colours it's so relaxing to just sit and knit :) Barb.

Merilyn said...

It is so nice to get back to knitting isn't it.....I think the cooler temps definitely bring on the knitting thingy.....look forward to seeing your completed work.....

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh how lovely, Lyn! I love to knit, I'm rubbish at it but I think I'll pick it up again this coming winter. I would love to make my own socks.