About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Sunday, 26 June 2016

Ladybird Ladybird fly away home

Dia Duit, I have had this ladybird fabric in my stash from the days when we lived in Williamstown, some fifteen years gone. At the time, I cannot remember who I made the baby quilt for. One day, I found our Jess, fossicking in my fabrics. My response,was what are you up to? Hmmm Mum I am trying to find your ladybird fabric. Why? I want to have a tattoo of it on my back. You surely know what my response was to that.A few weeks back when I was spring cleaning my stash, I came across it. The quilt is for our Jessie's hope chest. I found a dragonfly pattern, which was apt. Not the best dragonflies in the world, heh but I am happy with the result. Slan, O'faigh.

5 comments:

shez said...

Oh Lyn this is so cute,this is a beautiful quilt for jess's hope chest,well done my friend,when do you head off ? ....

Jo said...

Well done. You are flying along now....

KaHolly said...

Precious! Love your new header! XO

Merilyn said...

A very sweet quilt! nice to see another quilt return to be used after being stored away for so long....very nice!!!

kiwikid said...

Love the ladybugs!! Your quilting looks wonderful!