Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Monday, 20 June 2016

The smallest hexies

Dia Duit,I have been doing some secret sewing and unable to show the results until later on.Last night I sat and made the hexagon flowers for the Splendid Sampler block.I did not see the size of the hexagons on the pattern.I placed 1 inch hexies on the block and they seemed too big.I printed off the pattern and the hexie measured 3/8ths of an inch.Hmm I am sure our printer has not printed the right size.Pictured my result next step to appliqué the ring to the pink check background.Too the lassies who are part of the Splendid Sampler what size did your hexies turn out to be.I would be interested to know.Slan,O'faigh

5 comments:

shez said...

Hi Lyn beautiful work my friend ,sorry can't help you with the size xx

Anthea said...

They're very pretty fabrics O'Faigh x

Jo said...

Oops. Did I lead you on a goode chase.. Did the smaller ones fit on your block.. I printed mine from my iPad so I know they have come out smaller but they are tiny.... Yours look great...

Jo said...

Angie's from http://quiltingreadersgarden.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/splendid-sampler-slow-sunday-stitching.html
HEXIES came out at 3/8" too

KaHolly said...

That's pretty small! No gauge on the pattern? Small, but pretty! XO