About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Over a couple of weeks

Dia Duit, I have been practicing practicing practicing.

Two little bassinet quilts...... 
Dr Suess humidicrib quilt..............
Green elephant humidicrib quilt......... We have new neighbours with little Eliza.Eliza is such a delightful three year old.When the young ones purchased the house next door they did not check that the heating was working and with this weather are feeling the cold.I was going to make the Little princess fabric into four little quilts,however had a change of heart and made a lap quilt for Eliza to use.I had kitty made so whipped up a little sleeping bag to pop her in.How true is a picture tells a thousand words.I took my gifts in yesterday morning and Eliza's reaction touched my heart,she snuggled right into the quilt and loved Kitty cat.Slan,O'faigh

6 comments:

shez said...

omg what a beautiful story Lyn it touched my heart also.
What an awesome job you are doing of the quilting Lyn you were born to sew ,hope you have a lovely day my friend ....

Jo said...

You have done a great job. That is so kind of you

Jeanette said...

The quilts look wonderful. Hugs, xx

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh my word those are all just gorgeous - and what a lovely, lovely gift for your new neighbor. You are too sweet, my dear!

KaHolly said...

You are a wonderful neighbor! And you're getting pretty good on that frame! I'm envious! XO

Merilyn said...

You are making great strides with these gorgeous little quilts!!!! I'm sure the recipients will treasure these pieces, lovely work!!!