About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Splendid sampler

Dia Duit, well the mending is done, that was my first job.I was five blocks behind with the Splendid Sampler and now caught up.Tomorrow afternoon is pegged for BB Bom.


A picture tells a thousand words.I shocked our new neighbours this evening when they saw me in the study working on my SS blocks.They wanted to know if I was going to the snow,dressed as I was.It is bitter bitter bitter.The wind is roaring and I am worrying about DH temporary man cave and hope it does not fly away.I wonder if there will be snow in the morning.The prediction is snow at sea level.Slan,O'faigh

7 comments:

KaHolly said...

Look at you! Now, that's determination. I have difficulty functioning when I'm cold, which these days seems like all the time! While the rest of North America is having summer, it has been cold, wet, and windy here mostly. With the winds out of the north of late, it has a fall feel to the air. Your Splendid blocks look.....well.....splendid! I didn't start that BOM, but like always, now I wish I did! Keep warm! XO

shez said...

Lol i didnt recognize you all rugged up my funny friend,you are right it has been freezing,we havent had snow yet but i wouldnt be surprised at all if we wake up in the morning and its white.
Wow i am loving your SS blocks the fabric is perfect ,will this be for Jess's new house?.
Keep warm Lyn and hope to see you soon ....

Jeanette said...

Love your SS blocks. They look fabulous. Hugs,xx

Jo said...

You have done a great job catching up on your SS blocks. Love your fabrics/colours.. You made me laugh. How do you move rugged up like that.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful SS blocks. You do look very chilly there. Winter is certainly biting now! Hope you warm up some x

Merilyn said...

I have to say you do look a classic in that hat....but hey! whatever it takes....you're getting some lovely work done there....

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh my word - you surely made me giggle, Lyn, but I've done the same, lol! Keep that iron fired up, it helps. Your blocks are just lovely!