About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Monday, 19 September 2016

Simplify

Dia Duit, I have made this quilt in memory of Viv Robinson. Her memory lives on in her designs.Such a wonderful, warm, vibrant,  caring woman who I sadly miss....
on the frame ready to be quilted....
I totally love my quilting frame/ machine....a new dimension and completion of the quilts I make. Thank You Jo....you have created a monster......
Chose the simple flower design............

Not a good photo, I loved machine quilting the shapes...normally  I hand blanket stitch them...getting game in my old age...grin....my job tonight to stitch the binding. When I was in Melbourne...I saw a lovely doona cover, sheets and pillowslips.....our bedroom was tired...as much as I love the quilts I made.....needed a change....will post a pic when the room is complete .Slan, O'faigh

8 comments:

KaHolly said...

It's a precious quilt! You've crafted a lovely memory. So glad you love your quilting set up! I am very envious! XO

I am said...

Oh Lyn it's beautiful ,Viv would be so proud of you,I have never met her but everyone talks about her so fondly and she was well loved ,can't wait to see it in the flesh,well done my friend xx

Helen said...

Beautiful memory quilt !!

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous. well done. Hugs,xx

Jo said...

Well done Lyn. You are doing a great job. I am so happy you are doing so much on the frame and it is being well used...

Merilyn said...

You are really doing such a great job with your quilting! I imagine that the sense of the achievement comes from being able to start and complete each quilt entirely on your own.....well done to you!!!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn,

Such beautiful quilting.

Happy days.
Bev.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful quilting and love the design, enhances the quilt even more! Lovely memory quilt.

Hope you are feeling better!

Hug's, Carolyn