Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Tuesday, 13 September 2016

May you Please comment on this post of your very Earliest Childhood Memories.....

Dia Duit, I have had a tough emotional time this week. My brother who has always been the closest to me has been gravely ill.Thankfully he survived the complications he had with the operation Monday morning. It has been a waiting game.
Today DH and I took my elderly parents to the hospital in Melbourne to see him. Early days, but he has a good spirit and was ever so lucky.

The reason I made my blog post heading as I did, is when we were driving home, DH took Dad to some of his early working haunts. We came across some railway lines, and this is the conversation we had...Dad...I worked these lines in my younger Days.....Mum to me........Do you remember coming to stay with Aunt Grace and Uncle George when your Dad did this work....My answer...No Mum I cannot remember that....the earliest memory I have is when I was four years old....You were in the laundry ironing.....and I decided to go for a walk....lucky our elderly neighbour found me.....and brought me back home to you .....Mum.....well you were three years old.....you should remember.......
Inside that made me chuckle.....Mum really cracks me up at times.....
Indulge me, what would be your happiest ,earliest memory as a child. Would love to hear from you.
Slan, O'faigh

6 comments:

kiwikid said...

I hope your brother is ok Lyn. Lovely memories with your Mum and Dad....

Jo said...

Lyn my heart is with you that all goes well for your brother. My earliest memories can't really be explained here. I am actually not sure if they are stories I've heard or memories.. They are sad ones...

julieQ said...

Praying for your brother, Lyn!! One fun memory for me is that we had a black pony named Molly. One picture shows 5 kids from neck to tail on that pony!
she was so patient with us. Another is our huge garden and orchards...we could eat just from there. Hugs!

I am said...

Hi my lovely friend ,so glad your brother has pulled through,sending you big hugs Lyn.
I really dont remember my earliest childhood memory as i have never pondered this question,hmm has me thinking now xx

KaHolly said...

So glad your brother tolerated his surgery! I know that was a very big concern! My earliest memory is being two almost three, sitting at the dining room table, eating a tangerine. Mom used to spread out a tea towel for me to catch my mess. I can still picture the room. Silly thing to remember. XO

Jeanette said...

Hope all goes well with your brother. Like Jo said not sure if they are my memories or just the stories i've been told. But i do have one that i know for sure is a memory. I was about 2 or 4 & having professional photo;s, I was upset & the photographer gave me a ball to play with. That made me smile. :). Hugs,xx