About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Friday, 4 November 2016

A Wish came True today...

Dia Duit, I have convict ancestory dating back to 1800. Over the years my wish was to see the Rajah Quilt, which was made aboard a convict ship.
There was an Exhibition, at Federation Square, in Melbourne, called Making the Australian Quilt 1800-1950, which finishes tomorrow.
On Thursday, I did a ring around to my friend Ness, little sister and our DD. Everyone was busy.
I didnot want to miss out, so I toddled off on my own this morning ,by train, to the Exhibition and afterwards, to my all time favourite store Lucello.
I have been working on a coverlet depicting the convict life of my gggggrandma Ann Higgins and with one thing and other delegated it to the back of the cupboard. I am all enthused now to learn the process of Broderie Perse, for this quilt
.







Slan, O'faigh

6 comments:

I am said...

Oh Lyn i am so pleased for you,should given me a ring i would've gone with you my friend,so glad you got to see it xx

Jo said...

I am so glad you got to see it. I wanted too but wasn't able to get down there. It looks wonderful. All the photos I have seen.
I am happy you are enthused and very proud of you that you did the trip by yourself. Good on you. Now let's see what you start producing. Broderie Purse is a breeze. You'll be ok with it.. check it out on Pinterest...

KaHolly said...

Very interesting! You were brave to go off all by yourself. I'm glad the convict life wasn't in the genes! XO

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful quilt! Wonderful that you are making one in remembrance of your Great,G,G,G, Grandmother Ann Higgins ...I'm sure your mother and grandmothers have shared many treasured stories and photos with you though the years.

Have a great weekend!

Hug's, Carolyn

Cheryll said...

Glad you got to see it then...xox

Helen said...

What a wonderful quilt in the making and heirloom for your family for future generations.