About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Saturday, 5 November 2016

I simply just had to blog about this

Dia Duit, I was just checking my emails and our Jess sent me an email......Mum, Mum I have mastered Nan's Sponge recipe.By looking at this pic....she surely has....you may remember....a little while ago....I received a phone call from Jess.....saying the girls at her work....were talking about.....family recipes..and they should be kept..my response to Jess.....Nana bakes every Saturday....why don't you go and spend the day and learn from the master....and spend some time with your Nan and Pop....well she went with pad and pen.....to write down all Nana's hints.....this made me laugh......when Jess was receiving the sponge lesson....Mum brought out the recipe....Jess said that is Mum's writing and Nana replied it is your Mum's recipe....Jess thought it was Nana's all these years.....however.....when Jess was a little girl she wanted a heart sponge with a ballerina on top....I had no idea how to bake a sponge....so I went to Pop and Mama Mcsween...he gave me his old family recipe..I  had three trial runs before I mastered this recipe....I so love our girl....what a rippa of a sponge Jess..Slan, O'faigh.

5 comments:

Jo said...

Oh so well to Jess.
She has done an amazing job with her sponge. My mum use to make them like that too. Yummy

Jeanette said...

Those sponges look mighty good. Congratulations Jess. Hugs, xx

I am said...

Awesome story my friend,love it ,the sponge looks amazing,well done Jess xx

KaHolly said...

Yay! I've never made a sponge cake. She did a super job! And, was able to spend quality time with her grandparents. Win-win! XO

Helen said...

Wow great success with the sponges they look marvellous :)