About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Friday, 13 January 2017

Bumblebee Tilda Range...


Dia Duit, I am a reproduction fabric girl at heart. However, since I have been making the Splendid Sampler blocks, in the earlier, soft pretty Tilda Range. It has captured my heart.
Pictured below are the first five blocks, of the Farmers Wife Quilt, that I made today.
A few years back, I went to classes to make the Farmers Wife Quilt which I made in the reproduction fabrics.In my wisdom,  a family member asked for the quilt, in hindsight I realize there was  no appreciation of my gift.I saved my Christmas money, so I could purchase the Bumblebee range.A few months back I  printed the first 50 blocks instructions, for the Farmers Wife Quilt. On Wednesday when I came home with the fabric, I had no idea with what to make with it.
AAhhh yes The Farmers Wife quilt would be so pretty in these fabrics. So be it.
Slan, O'faigh

3 comments:

I am said...

Hi Lyn ,wow its going to look amazing in these fabrics xx

Merilyn said...

I think this is a lovely alternative choice of fabrics, this will look just gorgeous when all done.....

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Love your choice. The quilt should look great in the new Tilda. I am also playing with these fabrics . Love them.