Saturday, 14 January 2017

A Solution for too many quilts on the go...............

Dia Duit, I was feeling overwhelmed with the number of quilts I have on the go..........and thought.....when I have sewing days....work on one quilt and make 10 blocks..........then the following sewing day........pick up the next project and make 10 blocks......hopefully I will not become discouraged............and the quilts will eventually be finished............
The Splendid Sampler..........

Horror upon horror............I started Dear Jane in 2006 and cannot believe it has been 11 years since I started this project..........I dragged the boxes out of the cupboard....and I thought the 100 blocks would be crappy....to my delight.......they are well stitched........also I had done alot of preparation.....and choosing the fabrics as well...so here goes...........
The Farmer's Wife sadly I had given my original quilt away.........and decided to remake it in the new Tilda Bumble bee range.........10 blocks done.....
The Civil War Sampler......same scenario....was given to a family member with no regard for it.......my dear friend gave me some Orchard fabrics.........10 blocks made.........
Coverlet have decided to sit of a night when it is not too hot.....and make some progress with this
Applique Tulip Quilt....havenot touched this one since last year.....as with Lucy Boston........night time and winter projects hopefully....will be interesting at the end of the year....if my solution has worked....time will tell heh...Slan, O'faigh

9 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow 😍😍😍😍😍

Maria said...

OMGoodness you do have a lot on the go... Good luck with your progress....

I am said...

Hi Linny ,wow your quilts are amazing ,I am at my daughters for a couple of days ,but can't fit a visit in this trip.
You are very clever and those blocks are amazing,you will have them finished in no time my friend x

Helen said...

Good to see I'm not the only one, I went through that last year achieved most of my goals and blew it this year with more new projects. Good luck I'm sure you will achieve so much by the end of the year :)

julieQ said...

I love all your projects! Especially your appliquΓ©...so lovely.

Jeanette said...

Fabulous projects & they all look beautiful. Love your idea. Hugs,xx

Merilyn said...

Nice to see you are making a commitment with your projects...also reassuring to see that I'm not the only one with too many bright ideas and unfinished quilt tops.....!!! All your projects look wonderful and your fabrics beautiful....just one block at a time and eventually you and the rest of us will surely get there!!!!!

Sharmayne said...

Wow, that is quite a plan .... but some beautiful works in progress to keep you going and keep things mixed up!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh my goodness what wonderful, gorgeous projects - I too have a lot on the go, can't just sit and finish one at a time!! I'm looking forward to see if this works for you, sweetie!