About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Friday, 27 January 2017

Westering Women a finish..............


Dia Duit, over the past year I have been working on Barbara Brackman's BOM Westering Women.I loved piecing the blocks together, such a delight , with no problems at all.Each block has a story to it, which is on Barbara's blog. My colourway was chosen for a new Christmas Quilt for our living room.Inspiration came from Barbara as well as an exhibition I saw at the Texas Quilt Museum when I went to the Houston Quilt Festival in 2013. My fabrics came from Threadbear in Castlemaine. Early last October I visited Threadbear and I had taken some of the partially completed quilt to match a selection of more reds, greens and creams. Kurt was there on the day and appreciated my work, and he expressed a wish to see the completed quilt. Today, I journied to Castlemaine where Corliss and Meagan very kindly expressed there interest in my quilt. Also, delighted and appreciated a post on Threadbear's blog. Thank you Corliss and Meagan.Slan, O'faigh

6 comments:

Jo said...

You have done an amazing job and should be so proud. Especially with what you have been going through these past months. You have great will power and strength. Take care and happy stitching.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Good job Lyn!!! Love the color combinations. Have a great weekend! Hug's, Carolyn

Merilyn said...

What a great result.....just lovely in those Christmas colours!!!! Great job, and completed so quickly too.....!!!!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh my goodness Lyn it's simply outstanding - job well done!!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh how absolutely beautiful! Definitely a stunner. I am still sad Threadbear was closed the day I visited Castlemaine :( Drooled through the window.

I am said...

Wow Lyn this is amazing and I am so lucky to have seen this in real life,well done my friend on your amazing finish,I am going to check out the threadbear blog now xxxx