Thursday, 5 January 2017

A Child's Knowledge...........

Dia Duit, we have formed a lovely bond, with our new neighbours. Their little girl, Elyza has just turned four and each week of a Thursday evening, they come to visit. Elyza brings her friend Tully. They are so happy and full of life. Last night, they made me giggle. DH was their focus and they gave him wacko.He was trying to watch the cricket, and the pair of them were patting him on the head, asking him to put them in the recliner with the crochet blanket.At Christmas time, I put out the Maileg mouse house with all the bits and pieces, they loved playing with it.DH had no idea what they were on about....grin...but the best bit....before Christmas Jacklyn asked me  about a Santa Sack, she was having trouble finding one...as you do...I offered to make one for her.....the cuff on the top folds up...to allow more presents...I stitched handles on....as I thought it would be easier for Elyza to carry...I must be out of touch or old fashioned....Jacklyn told me on the quiet last night...that on Christmas morning Elyza said...........Lyn has made my Santa Sack.......Jacklyn had to think quickly...and said yes...Lyn made it for Santa to put her presents in....later on I said to DH ..when I was that age...I would not have known........DH comment....Elyza is quick as a whip....and very smart....Slan, O'faigh..

9 comments:

I am said...

it turned out lovely Lyn,well done my friend xx

I am said...

Hi Lyn the first time i looked at your post there was no writing,i came back to look at the bag again as i remember you telling me about it and now there is writing with your post,lol,how weird.
Those 2 girls are so cute and i am glad that they make you smile xx

Anne McAllister said...

Very cute santa sack Lyn, and I agree the kids these days are so much more aware than we ever were.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Yes they are quick as whip today. Good recovery by Mum lol!

Jeanette said...

Lovely Santa sack & yes kids seem to a lot smarter these days. Hugs, xx

Jo said...

That's a happy story. I am so glad the little ones make you smile.
Happy day my friend and keep smiling

KaHolly said...

It's so good to have children about! XO

Merilyn said...

Great little Santa Sack, hopefully Santa will fill it for years to come!!!!

kiwikid said...

Lovely story there Lyn, lovely Santa sack too.