Monday, 1 May 2017

A finish...some serious crochet going down....

 Dia duit, last night, I finished the last part of the Afghan.It did not take long to make as it was a 12ply acrylic wool.So, so soft. I debated whether to do an outside border, but it did not really need it, as it is a basket weave type of pattern.
For my birthday, I purchased some wool from the Wool Warehouse in England. It arrived, while we were away.I found a pattern for a Rainbow Sampler blanket, with the pattern it gave the type of wool and colour selection. Hence my purchase, some 34 skeins of wool. It is acrylic, but soft to work with.I would have loved to make it in my favourite merino wool, the purchase price would have quadrupled.
It will be a longtime project, and the beauty of the pattern, is I will be learning new crochet stitches.Just the thing, for the coming winter nights.
I seemed to have lost my mojo for sewing and blogging. I am having trouble with the blogger app on the ipad, which I deleted. Some time ago I had purchased the Blogpress app but that is giving me grief as well.Given up, until I am in a better frame of mind.
With my sewing, my work area is the tidiest it has ever been, I have the Civil War Sampler book and fabrics on my table, but just look at it as I go by the study.No inclination at all.On the quilting frame, I have the Humidicrib quilts for the hospital, no tempation there. DH comment, was why have you not been sewing.I just shrug.
Maybe, it has been because we have been away? Slan. O'faigh

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your afghan. Look forward to following the progress of your new crochet. Hugs, xx

I am said...

Hi my lovely friend,lovely blanket and gorgeous colours in the wool.
Wish i lived closer to you my friend,will catch up soon,take care Linnie xx

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh hon that is just lovely!!!! Don't worry about not sewing, sometimes you just need a break to work on something else that catches your fancy. Nothing wrong with that. I wish I could still crochet. The basketweave was one of my favorites to do! So cozy.

Jo said...

Everyone deserves a break. Don't stress over it.

elliek said...

Lovely crochet work. I have some baby bonnets for you so will give them to you at Gisburne.

Helen said...

Lovely afghan, love the new wool in those colours, I know the feeling, relax and enjoy the break.