Thursday, 25 May 2017

A Whole Lot of Shifting has been going down................

For my new sewing space.......I shared the study with DH....not ideal at times....to be honest downright frustrating...............grin.....I worked in three rooms...the living room was the quilting frame....the kitchen bench for cutting.....the study for sewing....I was so tired of this...time to do something about it.........while DH was away these past two weeks..working on the boat.....I had strict instructions to wait until he came home...when I first suggested the change it was a flat out NO....hmmm not a good response with one whose star sign is ARIES...grin....the game was on......I stayed home as my poor lungs would not have coped with the condensation, fog and wood fires.....
Before the study space...
Jessie's old bedroom now my space.....hooray....you can tell how happy I am ................yet to try this ...
Christmas Elf ochestrated the move......and cadged our next door neighbour, little sister, bil to be and lastly my parents to help with some of the shuffling....
 My Thimble house, filled from my blogging friends worldwide...........

 Hmmm what a stash...........all labeled and ready to go..
 In the corner, quiet time for some music and easy chair for stitching.............

 Alas, I could not move my quilt rack which displays my Girls Day Out Quilt....sadly that quilt is in the linen press..........but no negative heh......my design wall.....glee.......and of course my quilting frame........preparations being made for Christmas time for the Special Care nursery..........thank you Shez and Anne for stitching these little quilts together for me....Blogging friends are legends.........
My Civil War Sampler Quilt in readiness, now that I have sourced the Ginger Lily fabric.........such a sweet little basket that holds the fabric for my latest projects...........
My sewing machine corner............such sheer bliss and worth the effort of re shuffling...hmmm DH when he came home got one hell of a shock of what I had been upto........done and dusted ....now to enjoy...Slan, O'faigh..

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your sewing room. I really miss having one. Hugs, xx

Susan Smith said...

I have shuffled a couple of times since we moved here & now have the 4th bedroom for sewing & part of the family room for my long-arm. Where I sew now has a lot more light so am enjoying that more. I do miss not having a "studio", which I had in our last 2 houses, but have what I have now and still love sewing. Glad you got some help to do all that. Now enjoy & take care.

I am said...

Hi Lynnie your change is fantastic,makes each room look bigger and it will be more practical for you,well done my friend xx

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh Lyn GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! Such beautiful surroundings to create in!!!!

Jo said...

So where has Bob's space gone to

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your space looks fantastic enjoy ❤️❤️❤️❤️