Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Monday, 12 June 2017

Civil War Sampler Update.

Dia Duit, today after some chores, I decided was a sewing day.From the start, I was making rookie mistakes, due to fatigue.Some days when I wake up, I am ok until after lunch.Other days, I am fatigued before, I start my day. This was today, In hindsight, when I had to do some unpicking,on those set in triangles, I should have called it a day.When I was stitching on the second border, it was too short.Whew, I am very accurate with my seams, surely I could not have been out by 4  inches. I laid the quilt on the bench and matched each block...hmmm I had muddled up the sequence of blocks......and left two out. That was it, time to leave it for another day. Slan, O'faigh.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your quilt is looking fantastic. Hugs, xx

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh Lyn I'm sorry, that made me laugh - I've had days like that too - yes, best to leave it for another day. That quilt is quite gorgeous, hon!

Jo said...

Rest up. Your quilt is looking lovely..

I am said...

Oh Lynnie think you need to rest my friend ,I can relate to what you are saying,take care my friend xx

Robin said...

I've had days like that, where no matter what you do, you have to take it out and do it over.

I made a quilt for my son who went Kuwait for Iraqi Freedom a few years ago. He was gone 228 days so I made 228 drunkards path blocks in red, white, and blue, and pieced them together with a cute border. I finished the quilt and gave it to my son. He called a few days later to tell me that there weren't 228 squares on the quilt. I just thought he wasn't counting correctly so he brought the quilt over to prove it to me. Sure enough there were not 228 squares in the quilt so I looked all over my sewing room because I knew I had made the right amount. I found the errant squares and had to applique them on the back. I had missed a whole row.

Susan Smith said...

Whoops! Yes, if you aren't having a good day, best to leave it for another. It is sure looking good & how big are those blocks on the design wall? Take care.

Helen said...

Your quilt looks beautiful, but better to rest when it is that kind of day.