Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Thursday, 8 June 2017

Sheer Bliss

Dia Duit, I sent for the Splendid Sampler Quilt Label, but unsure of it, due to it's size...huge.What are your thoughts? It is the size of a fat quarter.
 Sheer Bliss, I have been working on my Civil War Sampler Quilt and took a leaf out of my BBF Julie's book. Initially, I was going to make the whole quilt, but have decided to make a smaller quilt.
 A couple of weeks back, I joined the boys on a Cortina Run and our lunch destination was a winery on the Bellarine Peninsula, which was hosting a Heritage Day. While I was walking I came across a friend who introduced me to Susan, a fellow quilter and a long arm quilter...A warm thank you to you Susan, for sharing with me some sites where I could obtain some Pantograph patterns for my quilting frame.....Susan, also is a fellow blogger.......
 Not sure if you can see in this pic........I was using sticky tape to tape the patterns down, but found I was tearing them when I was taking them off.....Bless DH who came up with the idea of purchasing a piece of perspex, to hold the pattern in place.....I purchased five patterns...pictured above Feather Flip...
cannot wait to finishing piecing this quilt and quilting it on the frame. Slan, O'faigh

5 comments:

Jo said...

If you have done all the blocks then the names would be good.

Allie-oops Designs said...

The size of a fat quarter!!! Wow that's huge....How lovely to meet a fellow quilter and blogger, I love that Feather Flip, can't wait to see your quilt all finished!

julieQ said...

I just love your Civil War quilt! I just must get a longarm quilter,so I can use some of those lovely pantos!

I am said...

Hi Lynnie i would use the quilt label,lots of information on it.
How lovely you got to meet a new blogging friend and you will have a ball with your new designs for the long arm,looking forward to catching up my friend xx

Anthea said...

Wow that's a huge label, O'Faigh... I'd be tempted to attach to the backing before it all gets quilted, so the label is well stitched down. How wonderful to meet a new friend , who is also a blogger...